There are some immediate benefits to stopping smoking. Whatever your motivation, the day you stop smoking:
- you feel and are healthier;
- you’re spending less money, which means more cash for the things you love;
- you’re creating a healthier environment for close friends and family who usually inhale second hand smoke.
So how can hypnosis help with stopping smoking?
Hypnosis can help you break the habit of smoking - Did you know that if you can stop smoking for just 28 days you are five times more likely to never smoke again? The reason for this is it takes 28 days for the mind to get out of a habitual behaviour, and smoking is often just that. Background craving for nicotine also subsides within the first few weeks.
Hypnosis can re-train the brain - For many people there is a strong compulsion to smoke that isn’t just a matter of habit. Subconsciously the cigarette is attached to some belief about themselves or the world around them. This can be something the person is aware of (e.g. ‘if I smoke cigarettes then I am being social and cool’) or it can be deeply rooted in the subconscious and less obvious.
Hypnosis can help overcome fears and worries – Sometimes people worry that stopping smoking will have negative side effects, like putting on weight, or they believe that smoking helps them cope, and worry how they’ll manage without.
Over the course of several sessions, hypnosis can help you to:
- beat the craving and ritual of ‘having a cig’ at certain times;
- unlock and change the subconscious belief that makes you pick up a cigarette;
- reduce worries and anxieties, and improve motivation by focusing your mind on the future smoke-free you!
Message me through Facebook: fauzknightCH